Walk in to any general merchandise or drug store and you will see aisles full of vitamins and supplements. The sellers don’t care about your health, they are in it to make money. Supplements are big business now. It is up to you to protect yourself from absurd claims and wasted expense.
- What are the benefits?
- Is it safe?
- What is the correct dosage?
- What is the best form to take?
- Are there any side effects?
- Do I need to take additional vitamins/supplements to get the desired benefits?
- Is it fat soluble or water soluble?
- What is the best time of day to take it?
- Do I take it with food or on an empty stomach?
- Can I get this nutrient from food sources instead?
Know the answers to these ten questions before you buy any vitamins or supplements claiming to improve your health. Some can be extremely beneficial while others are a complete waste of your hard earned money. You are your best advocate, and knowledge is power.